Enjoy some fun facts about green sea turtles:
- They feed on jellyfish and crabs as juveniles. As adults, they eat mostly sea grasses and algae.
- These creatures weigh an average of 400 pounds!
- They can swim up to 35 miles per hour.
- They can be found off the coast of around140 countries, but are still on the endangered species list.
- They are estimated to live about 80 years old.
- Sea turtles cannot breathe underwater. They must come to the surface for some air.
And last, did you know that Emma is a great name for a sea turtle? 😉 For more information about Emma, check out my book, Turtle Tube: An Erutuf National Park Novel.